Customer Services Advisor (f/m/x)
Manchester, United Kingdom, HomeworkingThe role of the Customer Services Advisor is to handle telephone calls and emails from Cruise1st customers relating to any pre-departure query on their booking or a query from a customer whilst on their cruise or out in resort. The Advisor takes full responsibility and ownership to provide a first contact resolution where possible.
- Taking telephone calls and responding to emails on our in-house telephone system
- Amending all elements of a booking at the customer’s request e.g., Cruise, hotel, transfers, flights etc. which involves actioning on all suppliers’ reservation systems.
- Amendment of flights including scheduled flights using Amadeus, low-cost flights on supplier system etc
- Upgrading and upselling to add value - by booking ancillary products where appropriate to enhance the customers holiday. E.g., cabins, business class flights, private transfers, airport lounge passes etc
- Handling and resolving incoming calls from customers overseas or in resort who are unhappy with any aspect of their holiday
- Refunds. Checking a refund has been received from the supplier and then processing the customer's refund in line with current financial regulations.
- Liaising with other departments within Cruise first to resolve complex issues i.e., working with Product/Flight manager to find best solutions.
- Ensuring customer has all new paperwork after any amendments made including new itinerary, tickets, flights docs, accommodation voucher, transfer vouchers etc.
- Taking balance payments using our in-house system or supplier systems, whichever is relevant to the booking
- Providing excellent call quality compliant with current industry regulations e.g., GDPR
- Keeping up to date with own process and system knowledge including completion of cruise line online learning platforms, attending in house training as required
- Excellent and proven customer service skills gained in a call centre environment
- Previous experience in the travel industry gained in the Cruise sector is essential
- Working knowledge of dynamic packaging and complex itineraries gained in another cruise/travel role
- Previous experience of using Amadeus or other GDS systems would be beneficial
- Previous experience using cruise industry reservations systems beneficial
- Proficient in Microsoft Office particularly Outlook and Excel
- Competitive basic salary plus lucrative bonus scheme.
- Access to all cruise line incentive schemes E.g., Shine Rewards, Myclubroyal etc.
- Operational hours Mon-Fri 9-9pm. Sat & Sunday 9-7pm. We operate a 6-week rolling shift pattern working alternate weekends and a range of shifts around these hours.
- 20 days holiday per year plus bank holidays. Increases by 1 day per year up to a max of 25 days.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Educational cruise trips and ship visits
- Staff and friends and family discounts