Software Engineer Backend / Distributed Systems (f/m/x)
Dreamlines is looking for a highly motivated Backend Distributed Systems Engineer to join our platform engineering organization.These are exciting times for us! We are now fully remote, and we are building from scratch a new distributed backend system that will power up our platform and applications. Come join our team, your work will impact the way travelers explore the world.Dreamlines is an innovative, fast-growing Online Travel Company. 9 years after establishment, we are the leading online portal for cruises in Europe operating in 10 countries.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Design, develop and deploy backend services with focus on high availability, low latency, and scalability.
- Work collaboratively with a cross-functional team improving the platform’s quality and driving improvements following a data-oriented approach.
- Deliver iteratively in an Agile environment.
- Take responsibility for every stage of the development and operational life cycle of the product.
- Share responsibility for finding the right technical solutions to often complex problems.
- Collaborate with other teams and stakeholders to define and deliver requirements.
What we are looking for
- You have experience working on backend systems of a technology product.
- You have experience in using monitoring tools and alerting.
- You enjoy making things work better, learning modern technologies and sharing this learning with the team.
- You are comfortable writing Java and have experience with some of the following technologies: Python, Docker, AWS, Airflow, SQL, Kubernetes.
- You are strong on systems thinking and distributed design.
- You are comfortable running your software in DevOps environments.
- You care about good engineering practices like continuous delivery, defensive programming, and automated testing.
- You understand data structures and algorithms, and how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment in a fully remote team that deals with ambiguity.
- You have experience in designing and developing APIs and consuming external APIs.
Hamburg,Deutschland,Finanzen & Controlling,