Scala Developer (f/m/d)
We are looking for a Scala Developer to join our backend engineering team. The ideal candidate is a hands-on technology enthusiast with significant experience in developing scalable data platforms. You should be a good team player with critical thinking, a keen eye for detail and strong problem solving skills.
- Develop, test and maintain features and scalable APIs.
- Actively cooperate with the team designing scalable architectures for our products.
- Integrate third party APIs/feeds into our systems.
- Produce clean, maintainable and reusable code along with its documentation.
- Process high amounts of data taking into account costs and performance.
- Actively propose improvements and technologies that can improve our team and products.
- Take part of the deployment and infrastructure setup. You build it, you run it.
- Share knowledge and mentor other developers as well as be open to learn from the other team members.
- First profound experience in Scala.
- Good understanding and experience with SQL or NoSQL technologies.
- Knowledge and experience with stream processing.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Familiar with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Proven skills using GIT.
- Good understanding of CI/CD.
- Experienced building APIs and services using REST and Swagger.
Great if you have
- Experience with MongoDB, MySQL, ElasticSearch and Redis.
- Experience with NodeJS.
- Experience with Scala Cats.
- Experience with container technologies like Docker.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Good understanding of FP.
- Experience with monitoring technologies like Grafana, Prometheus and ELK.
- An international and dynamic company culture in the city center of Hamburg, the Northern capital of Germany
- Responsibility from Day One in a motivated team
- Flexible working hours, grants for public transport, free drinks & fruits, cruise & shopping discounts, company sports, team & company events on a regular basis