Cruise Sales Consultant in the UK (f/m/x)
United Kingdom, Homeworking
Reports to: Sales Team Manager
The main role of a Cruise Sales Consultant is to sell cruise holidays including bespoke itineraries to our customers in order to achieve and exceed sales targets whilst providing an exceptional level of customer service.
- Converting incoming calls, emails, AMI leads and web chats into bookings to meet personal sales targets.
- Achieving personal specified sales, conversion, and productivity targets to fall in line with company KPI’s.
- Selling cruise holidays across all cruise lines and dynamically packaging and tailor-making holidays to fit customers specific requirements including selling cruises, flights, hotel stays and land tours.
- Upselling and booking ancillary products and services where appropriate.
- Following up leads by outbounding customers to ensure all sales leads are maximised.
- Identifying and acting on customers buying signals
- Providing excellent call quality compliant with current industry regulations e.g. GDPR
- Offering exceptional customer service by building rapport and using personal experience – making us stand out from our competitors and to encourage customer loyalty.
- Remaining aware of current offers, promotions, discounts, and marketing campaigns and to use this information to maximise sales opportunities.
- Keeping up to date with own product knowledge including completion of all cruise line online learning platforms, attending in house training and being aware of current industry trends.
- Maximising skills on cruise line and in-house booking systems and making recommendations for improvements where needed.
- Following company processes to minimise errors and ensuring all bookings are completed including when elements are out of system range at time of original booking.
- Following the correct procedure when processing payments.
- Developing effective relationships with other team members and departments to share ideas in order to maximise sales and improve processes.
- Working within the policies and procedures as outlined in the company handbook.
- Minimum of 12 months previous experience selling cruises or bespoke long-haul itineraries essential
- Driven to work towards and exceed targets
- Past telephone sales experience preferably in travel retail or tour-operating
- Dynamic packaging experience preferred
- Passionate and enthusiastic about selling cruises
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good cruise and travel product and system knowledge
- Past experience of using Microsoft Office i.e., excel, word, outlook, and teams
- Previous experience of using Amadeus/GDS flight systems preferred but not essential